1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Cameras Without Mirrors! Read the welcome message here!

Bethesda Steel Stacks

Discussion in 'Fujifilm' started by Eduard, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Eduard

Eduard Administrator
    Staff Member

Experience:
    Hobbyist
    Image Editing:
    No
    Camera(s):
    Fuji X-T3, X-T2 & X-T20; Nikon 1 J5
    Laurie and I had an opportunity yesterday to visit the former Bethesda Steel location yesterday. What is cool about the location is that site of the former steel mill has been preserved for visitors. It was also my first real chance to get out with my new X-T3; Laurie was shooting the X-T20. I love rust as I immediately lean towards shooting HDR to bring it out. This also gave me an opportunity to try out the new Aurora HDR 2019.

My favorite shot of the day is below. I used the XF 55-200mm to compress the scene and shot HDR.

Steel_Stacks_30.jpg
    Date: 2018:11:04 08:27:38 - Manufacturer: Fujifilm - Model: X-T3 - Focallength: 55 mm - Measurement: Pattern - Aperture: 4.5 - ISO: 320 - Exposuretime: 1/140 sec - Flash: No Flash

My favorite shot that Laurie took was a crop. Cool perspective of your favorite admin. :rolleyes:

Steel_Stacks_04.jpg
    Date: 2018:11:04 08:26:34 - Manufacturer: Fujifilm - Model: X-T20 - Focallength: 29.5 mm - Measurement: Pattern - Aperture: 5.6 - ISO: 200 - Exposuretime: 1/240 sec - Flash: No Flash

What a massive facility. I can only try to imagine what it must have been like to work there. More images here.

jeffh942, Mike and Michael like this.
  2. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

Experience:
    Hobbyist
    Image Editing:
    Yes
    Camera(s):
    EM1MK11,Nikon V2,E-M10MK11
    Nice, i have seen a documentary about this, it was interesting.

Eduard likes this.