1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Cameras Without Mirrors! Read the welcome message here!
  3. We're doing it again! Win a CWOM cap in the December challenge! Enter here!
    Dismiss Notice

G9 maybe not because of ............

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by Mike, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Mike

Mike Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Experience:
    Hobbyist
    Image Editing:
    Yes
    Camera(s):
    Panasonic G80,Nikon V2,E-M10MK11
    Money:D

Apart from that which could change, I'm struggling to see what i would be getting for my money over the G80.

The G80 I'm sure is still able to do far better than i am doing with it, I'm pleased with how far I have got with mirrorless but feel there is more to achieve with out changing cameras.

Or if I have hit the limit of my ability a new camera wouldn't change that.

The G9 is far better spec than the G80 but how much of that would I use.

The highlights in the hype are 9fps with AFC (mechanical shutter), I have 6 now and its plenty, high rez mode not something I would use. Loads of high frames per second modes in 4k and 6k again I would not use them.

The rest of it I do consider hype until real world users start saying the DR, noise control etc has improved because things like that are very subjective, and at the moment Panasonic is controlling most of what we see and hear.

The things I would like are the larger EVF, faster DFD focusing and the 20mp sensor (had one in the GX8) but if you took a trade in discount off I would be paying over £300 each for those those 3, although that is 3 compelling reasons.

This post may come back to bite me in a couple of months but that's the point I'm at with this thinking stuff.

Eduard likes this.