1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Cameras Without Mirrors! Read the welcome message here!

"Hi every one whats on your mind today"

Discussion in 'Off topic' started by Mike, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

Experience:
    Hobbyist
    Image Editing:
    Yes
    Camera(s):
    EM1MK11,Nikon V2,E-M10MK11
    M4/3 forum have just had a thread about merging some of the owners forums, he decided not to at the moment.

2. Eduard

Eduard Administrator
    Staff Member

Experience:
    Hobbyist
    Image Editing:
    No
    Camera(s):
    Fuji X-T3, X-T2 & X-T20; Nikon 1 J5
    So here is the sad reality of the economics of running a forum. Unlike on Nikonites, CWOM doesn't offer a subscription. All costs (licensing, subscriptions, logos, ads, contests, etc.) are borne by me personally. John graciously donates his expertise to configure as well as space on the Nikonites servers to host us at no cost. Without John's support and the understanding of my wife, we wouldn't exist.

The design ideas are great but require custom programming, at a price that I can't afford. I license the style that we use so we don't look generic.

If folks aren't finding value in the conversations and relationships here, however small we are, then we can stop. I've always been open that the intent wasn't to create the next DPReview but rather to create an intimate community. You guys tell me.

3. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

Experience:
    Hobbyist
    Image Editing:
    Yes
    Camera(s):
    EM1MK11,Nikon V2,E-M10MK11
    Any comments made are not as far as i can see meant as criticism of your good self Ed, certainly not on my part, they come from my experience of helping to build membership and content on other forums, for nearly three years i have put my heart and soul as they say into the forum, I do suffer some frustration that we have not moved as far forward as I would have liked to see.
    I understand your limitations with forum layout and cost covering and can offer no help in those areas, i never in life take anything on and not give it my best, my best with the forum is not producing what i need to see, so perhaps its time to step aside from the admin section, become a standard member, then i can relax a bit and just take part without feeling the self imposed pressure i feel as things are.

mike

Michael likes this.
  4. Eduard

Eduard Administrator
    Staff Member

Experience:
    Hobbyist
    Image Editing:
    No
    Camera(s):
    Mike, I wasn't taking the comments as criticism at all. I appreciate all that you do as a moderator. You should never feel pressure to do anything, CWOM is supposed to be fun.

Hoping for more input and feedback....

Michael and jeffh942 like this.
  5. Michael

Michael Well-Known Member

Experience:
    Hobbyist
    Image Editing:
    Yes
    Camera(s):
    Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II
    My question was not a criticism at all, just wondering why so many members but few posters.

6. Eduard

Eduard Administrator
    Staff Member

Experience:
    Hobbyist
    Image Editing:
    No
    Camera(s):
    It isn't much different on other forums. People create accounts so that they can search and see all of the content.

crashton and Michael like this.