1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spyder 5 pro

Discussion in 'Computers & Software' started by Paul04, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Paul04

Paul04 Well-Known Member

Experience:
    Hobbyist
    Image Editing:
    Yes
    Camera(s):
    Olympus Pen F,
    A friend of mine got some monitor calibration software, and a sensor that goes over the screen to check colour/brightness.

Now about a year ago I got a TV and a computer monitor which both matched, (both 24 inch in size) but I never got on with the computer monitor, never really liked the colour/brightness, so I have been using the TV as a monitor, connected by HDMI, and that's work fine for the last year.

So I tried the spyder 5 pro calibration, and when it finished I was not impressed with it,

So got the computer monitor out of the cupboard where its sat for 12 months, gave it a quick clean, connected it to the computer, reset all the settings, and left it running for 30 minutes, (as per instructions) to warm up the screen,

Then I ran the spyder 5 on that monitor, and what a difference it has make to the colour and brightness, so keeping it setup.

not sure if you will see it difference from the before and after screen shots.

before

before cal.jpg

After

caleb.jpg

2. Michael

Michael Well-Known Member

Experience:
    Hobbyist
    Image Editing:
    Yes
    Camera(s):
    Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II
    I click on both to see the full size. I can see clear the difference on the first line looking at the lady. Looks much better

Paul04 likes this.