1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Cameras Without Mirrors! Read the welcome message here!
  3. Which new mirrorless camera poll?!?! Enter here!
    Dismiss Notice

What is your favorite image from 2016.... and why?

Discussion in 'General' started by Eduard, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Eduard

Eduard Administrator
    Staff Member

Experience:
    Hobbyist
    Image Editing:
    No
    Camera(s):
    Fuji X-T3, X-T2 & X-T20; Nikon 1 J5
    Happy New Year everyone! I'll kick off the thread with my favorite image from 2016.

My image isn't technically outstanding or have exciting visual content but it brings a smile to my face because of the memory associated with it. Let me set the context. My wife, my stepsons and I had arrived in Europe the day before and traveled to Strasbourg. Until we arrived, we were not aware that during the summer there is a free light and laser show using the cathedral as a canvas. This picture of my wife framed by the boys was taken during the show. I love how happy she is in the image and it reminds me of the great family trip we experienced.

RedStrasbourg.jpg
    Date: 2017:01:01 03:52:45 - Manufacturer: Fujifilm - Model: X-T1 - Focallength: 16 mm - Measurement: Spot - Aperture: 1.6 - ISO: 1600 - Exposuretime: 1/40 sec - Flash: No Flash

Matt C and Mike like this.
  2. Mike

Mike Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Experience:
    Hobbyist
    Image Editing:
    Yes
    Camera(s):
    EM1MK11,Nikon V2,E-M10MK11
    Depends where i am and which gear :D this is getting a bit old now but not only did it show me BIF with mirrorless is a little easier than i expected but this was taken with a camera with very little CAF ability.

30820202566_327e664293_o.jpg
    Date: 2016:11:08 10:30:02 - Manufacturer: Olympus Corporation - Model: E-M10MarkII - Focallength: 264 mm - Measurement: Pattern - Aperture: 5.6 - ISO: 3200 - Exposuretime: 1/1000 sec - Flash: Unknown: 8

Matt C and Eduard like this.
  3. Michael

Michael Well-Known Member

Experience:
    Hobbyist
    Image Editing:
    Yes
    Camera(s):
    Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II
    This photo, not the best one but the nearly very first challenging one with my then new Olympus. I was exited getting those two ladies in a way I wanted into my viewfinder

walk1-14.jpg
    Date: 2016:05:20 10:51:58 - Manufacturer: Olympus Corporation - Model: E-M10MarkII - Focallength: 25 mm - Measurement: Pattern - Aperture: 8 - ISO: 640 - Exposuretime: 1/80 sec - Flash: No Flash

Paul04, Mike and Eduard like this.
  4. Matt C

Matt C Active Member

Experience:
    Hobbyist
    Image Editing:
    Yes
    Camera(s):
    Sony a6300 w/Sony 18-105 F4 G, Sony 50mm f1.8
    My girls are the subject of almost all my photographs. The best moments though are the candid shots when they are being funny wth each other and I happen to catch it. This was from one of our trips to the St. Louis Zoo which always provides entertainment. Happy New Year!

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul04, Mike, Eduard and 1 other person like this.